2016-09-13 12:18 pm
Kosho-ji Temple (Kōshōji) was originally built in 1233 and at a different location in Kyoto. It wasn’t until 1648 that it was moved to its current location in Uji, by Nagai Noamasa. Belonging to the Soto Zen branch of Japanese Buddhism, Kosho-ji is famous for its Heian-period statue of Kannon. The other well-known attraction is its gorgeous maple approach, known as Kotozaka, that turns into a magnificent mix or red and yellow leaves in autumn.